All About Chelsea Football Club
Address: Stamford Bridge, London SW6 1HS England
Phone: 0870 300 1212
Chairman: Roman Abramovich
Stadium: Stamford Bridge
Ten Things You Must Know About Chelsea Footbal Club
Let us now know the origin of the London club this further through ten interesting facts about them.
10. History of Chelsea as a football club started since March 14, 1905 during a meeting in a pub called The Rising Sun (which is now a pub called The Butcher's Hook). Some names that could be a candidate for this is the Stamford Bridge club FC, Kensington FC and London FC Chelsea FC eventually become permanent choice.
9. Chelsea is headquartered in Stamford Bridge stadium which officially opened on April 28, 1877. The stadium was designed by Scottish architect Archibald Leitch who also designed many other football stadiums in England such as Old Trafford (Manchester United), Celtic Park (Glasgow Celtic), Anfield (Liverpool), and White Hart Lane (Tottenham Hotspur). Stamford Bridge was the initial capacity to accommodate 100 thousand viewers and eventually subjected to several changes until the final capacity for 42,055 spectators present.
7. Chelsea's players in 1972 to record a song called Blue Is The Colour in the framework of their appearance in the League Cup final that year. The record is successfully ranked fifth in the UK Singles Chart and became one of the songs in English football's most famous and also has been adapted by several singers and other football clubs in the Czech Republic, Canada, Finland, and Japan.
6. The era of the 70s and 80s became the worse for Chelsea because they are experiencing financial difficulties because of plans to rebuild Stamford Bridge. As a result the star players sold to raise funds and they are relegated to Division Two. Another problem comes from some fans hooliganism. Until finally Ken Bates bought Chelsea for £ 1.
5. Peter Osgood, one of Chelsea legend who earned the nickname King of Stamford Bridge, died of a heart attack on March 1, 2006. Abu results kremasinya then buried beneath the penalty spot overlooking the tribune Shed End at Stamford Bridge stadium in a ceremony attended by more than 2,500 fans, players, former players, managers, and director of Chelsea. Printed the first goal from the penalty spot since the ceremony, was executed by Andriy Shevchenko during the match against Aston Villa which ended 4-4.
4. Chelsea has long been a team that is always stylish and a lot of international players outside the UK. Its position in London have made him many supporters from among celebrities. Here are some of them. Damon Albarn (Blur frontman and Gorillaz), singer Bryan Adams, NBA player Kevin Garnett & Paul Pierce, hairdresser Vidal Sassoon, Formula 1 racing boss Bernie Ecclestone, a former director and Madonna's husband Guy Ritchie, actress Renee Zellweger, and rocker Billy Idol.
3. Records appear for Chelsea's most lots are still held by their former captain Ron 'Chopper' Harris who played as much as 795 times. While the number of goals the most widely printed owned by Bobby Tambling who netted 202 goals from 370 times to play. Of the players who play for the Blues now, only Frank Lampard who became the most from the show (392 times) and goals (121 goals). In addition, Chelsea also holds the record for longest play in the cage without losing as many as 86 matches in the Premier League.
2. In total there are 21 titles that have been won by Chelsea today. For the domestic title, the Blues have recorded three wins Premier League / Division One British, two Second Division titles, four FA Cup winners, League Cup winners four times, three times winning the Community Shield / Charity Shield, and twice Cup winners Full Members. While in Europe, Chelsea have twice won Cup Winners' Cup, and one European Super Cup champion.
1. Before you get the nickname The Blues until now, Chelsea was once called The Pensioners (Retired). This is because their club logo the first to use a picture of a retired member of the British Army who lived in the Royal Hospital Chelsea. New logo is finally replaced in 1952 by order of Ted Drake's Chelsea manager at the time.
Chelsea F.C. (Chelsea Football Club), also known as The Blues or previously as The Pensioners (London FC), is an English football club playing in the Premiership and is headquartered in London. The club was founded by H.A. Mears in 1905, and has its own field which can accommodate about 42,360 spectators, held at Fulham, West London.
Chelsea have spent a lot of history in the world of English football, and experience success as much as two periods, throughout the 1960s and early 1970s, then in the late 1990s to the present. Chelsea have won four Premier League titles (1954-55, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2009-2010), enamPiala FA (1970, 1997, 2000, 2007, 2009, 2010), four League Cups (1965, 1998, 2005, 2007), and two Cup Winners Cup (1971, 1998).
The first manager was John Roberson (1905-1906). Chelsea won the English Premier League (Premiership) in 1955 at Ted Drake's tenure as manager.
Chelsea back into the Premiership champions 50 years later, in 2005, on manager Jose Mourinho's tenure (2004-2007), who then have the full support of the national oil billionaire Russian owner, Roman Abramovich.
In the same year (2005), Chelsea also won the Carling Cup by beating Liverpool. Subsequently in 2006, Chelsea managed to win back the Premiership. And in 2007, Chelsea won the Carling Cup again after beating Arsenal 2-1 and became champion of the FA Cup after beating Manchester United 1-0 through extra time round.
But because of some poor performances early in 2007/2008 plus a competition incompatibilities with the owner, Jose Mourinho has finally resigned as manager, and then was replaced by Avram Grant's former Israel national team manager.
At the beginning of Grant's coaching period, many people are looking at one eye. However, Chelsea's Avram Grant could bring a treble that is runner-up in the Carling Cup with Tottenham Hotspur before being beaten by a score of 2-1. Followed by a runner-up following the English Premier League Manchester United and a runner-up in the Champions League after losing 6-5 on penalties to Manchester United. But the achievements are deemed not good enough so that Grant had been fired at the end of the season.
In late January 2009, replaces Chelsea coach Avram Grant with Brazil, Luiz Felipe Scolari. However, Scolari is also not able to provide satisfactory performance for Roman Abrahamovich. So in late April 2009 suffered the same fate with Grant. And then, the position vacant Chelsea manager in the content while the Russian national team coach Guus Hiddink, with a contract until the end of the 2008-2009 season. At the end of May, Guus Hiddink provide sweet memories in the form of Chelsea's FA Cup before leaving Chelsea.
Then early in the competition 2009-2010, Chelsea signed coach a big club that is Italy AC Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti to fill positions for which the contract will expire at the end of the 2011-2012 season.
In the season 2009 - 2010, Chelsea won the English Premier League (EPL) and the FA Cup (FA Cup), so that Chelsea became the seventh club who managed to get a record wed EFL and FA Cup (a double winner.) In the final game of the Premier League (EPL) against Wigan Athletics May 9, 2010, Chelsea embarrass Wigan to score a landslide 8-0. In addition, during the season 2009 - 2010, Chelsea also scored a record 100% absolute win against all the big four EPL teams (Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal).
In the season 2009 - 2010, Chelsea striker Didier Drogba managed to get the Golden Boot with 29 goals won, 3 goals more than Manchester United striker, Wayne Rooney (26 goals). Scramble competition is so fierce Golden Boot last until the game was held EPL.
Chelsea has a few English players who are considered the best at this time, among them the John Terry (captain) as the strongest defender, Frank Lampard as the midfielder (midfielder), machine goals, and Ashley Cole as the best wingback.
All About Chelsea Football Club